3 min in the morning and the results are incredible
How would you like to do something in the morning that will take you 3 minutes max, costs pennies and will give you:
• more energy
• help you lose body fat
• help you flush toxins
• minimize caffeine cravings
• make your skin soft and luscious?
Sound too good to be true? I promise it isn’t.
People are always asking me about health and beauty tips and I wanted to share this one with you. I’ve done this regularly for a number of years, but over the past 6 months I was traveling almost non-stop and got out of the habit. What a mistake! Now that I’m back on a regular routine again and doing it, I can really tell the difference.
So here’s what it is. Every morning, I squeeze the juice of a lemon into a glass of warm water. I then drink it with intention (more on that later). The benefits of this are really nothing short of incredible.
When I got out of the habit of doing this, the first thing I noticed was my skin. I inherited my mother’s skin and it’s really soft and luscious. I noticed when I got back from our Egypt trip in March that my skin was not quite its luscious self. I realized I had stopped my years-old habit of drinking the warm water and lemon and I swear to God within 2 weeks, the lusciousness was back, as well as a kind of glow. Not to mention more energy and I even dropped a couple of pounds!
One of my friends started doing this a few years ago and she found that it made her stop drinking coffee. And she was someone who absolutely had to have a big, strong cup of java to get going in the morning. As she drank the warm lemon water, she set the intention “Energize me”, Energize me”, Energize me”, and after about 30 days she was off coffee. And that was 2 years ago! I think the combination of drinking a warm liquid and setting that intention did the trick – it tricked her body into thinking it was getting the coffee that was her habitual morning wake me up.
So I’m going to tell you EXACTLY how to do this (it’s important), but first I want to tell you all the benefits. I Googled this when I started to write this and found even more benefits than I knew before. Here’s all the amazing things this simple habit does (my thanks to FoodMatters):
• Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
• Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
• It balances and maintains the pH levels in the body
• Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
• It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
• It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
• It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
• It helps reduce pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
• It helps cure the common cold
• The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
• It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
• It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver
• In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
• It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
• It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
• Aids in the production of digestive juices
• Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
Wow! Isn’t it incredible that it does all those things? So here’s EXACTLY the way to do this to get maximum benefit.
• Within 15 minutes of waking up, cut up one lemon into four wedges
• I use organic lemons as they (hopefully) don’t contain toxins from insecticides
• I use Living Springs water, not tap water
• I use a glass electric kettle. It’s faster than a microwave, and I don’t want to radiate my water with microwaves. The water should be warm, not boiling.
• Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the water
• I always drink the water with intention. I will think things like “Love me”, “Help me”, “Heal me”, “Energize me”, “Cleanse me” while I’m drinking it. I’m a big believer in intentions and I think that it makes a difference when we do things with intention, especially with eating and drinking.
• I use the lemons all day long and simply pour more water into the glass during the day
When I went back to doing this again, I was amazed at the difference it made with my skin. I saw the difference in less than 7 days. It’s all luscious and glowing again.
Most importantly, be sure to do the part where you set your intention as you are drinking the water. I promise you it makes a huge difference. I’m reading two different books on brain chemistry and how we can change our brains with our thoughts and our intentions (I’ll be writing more on that in future newsletters) so don’t forget the intention part.
So that’s my gift to you on one simple way you can make a shift in your life. If you’re looking to have even greater shifts (like peace, joy, bliss, living a life on purpose), I want to give you another gift and that’s doing a Sedona Soul Adventures retreat. Have a conversation with one of our Angel Guides. You can talk to them about your intentions and all the amazing possibilities that are out there for you. They’ll design the perfect retreat for you (or both of you if it’s a couple) and they’ll put together a retreat that’s designed to bring you into the peace and happiness you’re craving.
Click here and one of our Angel Guides will call you. Or if you’d prefer, call us toll free at 1-877-204-3664 (US and Canada). For our friends outside the US and Canada call 01 928-204-5988 or click here and one of our Angel Guides will call you.
Here’s to a week of turning lemons into lemonade!
Debra Stangl, Founder
Bob says his Sedona Soul Adventure transformed his life
“I knew from the beginning that my Sedona Soul Adventure would have an impact on my life, but I didn’t know that it would transform it. Not only did Sedona Soul Adventures offer insight into my spiritual path, but it also validated some experiences I have had prior to my visit. Thanks Sedona Soul Adventure for this wonderful gift.”
Bob C., Denton, TX
We just had a spot open up on the Peru trip – Join us June 17-30
Maybe this is a sign that you’re supposed to go to Peru with us. We’ve had a spot open up and we’d love to have you. Can you imagine doing ceremony at Machu Picchu on the solstice? Is Machu Picchu on your bucket list? If you answered yes to those questions, don’t hesitate! Click here for all the information, including pricing. This is truly the trip of a lifetime.