4 unusual reasons why you should do a spiritual retreat (you could meet Stevie Wonder!)
Very often in these newsletters, I write about all the obvious reasons why people should do a spiritual retreat. For most of the people who come to us, they have something going on in their lives and they’re really in need of the help that a spiritual retreat can give them. Some people are at the end of their rope, some people have an issue that they just can’t seem to get resolved and a spiritual retreat is the answer. Sometimes couples reach a crisis in their relationship and they’ve done lots of traditional therapy and it hasn’t helped. In that situation, a spiritual retreat can be amazing for bringing them together and getting them back on track.
We had something happen this past week that was kind of mind blowing and it made me think of the many unusual things that have happened after people have done a spiritual retreat with us (myself included). What we see over and over again is that when things start to shift in one part of your life, seemingly amazing things start to happen in all areas of your life.
So here are 4 unusual reasons why you should do a spiritual retreat:
1. You could meet Stevie Wonder.
Margaret came to Sedona last week for her second Soul Adventure. She came back for a spiritual tune up, plus she loves Sedona. At the end she told us she didn’t think it was possible, but the second Soul Adventure was even more mind blowing and amazing and incredible than the first one. She left and went to the Phoenix airport and discovered her flight had been cancelled. Instead of being upset, she thought “okay, I’m going to use my Sedona Soul Adventures tools and trust that there is a reason why this is happening”. Two minutes later, she looked up and there was Stevie Wonder on his way to a concert (and she’s a huge fan). She got to meet him, take this picture with him and he was so gracious. She got home safe and sound and gloriously happy for this confirmation from the Universe. As she told me in her email after she got home “I’m absolutely amazed”.
It reminded me that shortly after I came to Sedona for the first time, I set the intention that I wanted to meet Sting within the next 12 months. Within 9 months, I got to meet him and speak with him and it still feels like one of the best manifestations I’ve ever done in my life!
So wouldn’t it be cool if as a result of doing your spiritual retreat you not only transform your life but you get to meet someone you’ve always wanted to meet! It’s just such a wonderful example of how when things start to shift, they shift in amazing ways.
2. You could lose weight. Our retreats are all designed for the emotional and spiritual aspects of a person’s life, but it’s amazing to me how many people report that after they go home from their spiritual retreat, they lose a bunch of weight easily and seamlessly. One woman even posted a YouTube video about her Sedona Soul Adventure, talking about how she came to us to deal with emotional losses in her life and in addition to doing that, she lost 17 pounds of what she called “protection weight” within 3 weeks of returning home. She wasn’t doing any dieting or trying to lose the weight, it just came off.
My Sedona story includes the same thing. After struggling with my weight my entire life, I suddenly lost 40 pounds and went from a size 14 to a size 6 within 5 weeks with no dieting or exercising. It just shows you that the transformations that happen in a spiritual retreat take place on all the levels — physical, mental, emotional and spiritual.
3. Money could come out of nowhere. As I think about it, this is actually one of the most common of the unusual occurrences that happen when people have done a spiritual retreat with us. We’ve had so many people who contacted us wanting to do a spiritual retreat, but cost was an issue. It has happened so many times where people have said, “I don’t know how this is going to happen, but I’m telling the Universe I want this” and then suddenly, something happens. With one woman, the next day, she went to her mailbox and received a check from the insurance company that was much larger than she had anticipated. I told you a few months ago about Andrew’s story where suddenly the next day his brother offered to pay for his Soul Adventure (and I just heard from Andrew a few weeks ago that his new healing practice is going spectacularly well!). Another woman received a bonus at work that she had no idea was coming or even possible and it paid for her entire retreat.
What I love in these instances is that the shift happened as soon as they said “Yes, I’m going to do this!”. There is so much power just in making the decision.
I think my favorite one, though, is the woman who came here when she was unemployed and had no money. She had applied for her dream job and they offered the job to someone else. She didn’t tell us what financial straits she was in until she got here to Sedona. She had put everything on a credit card and wasn’t sure how she was going to pay the credit card after she got home. She told us she just knew that she had to do a spiritual retreat with us and that she was trusting that everything would be okay. She completed her Soul Adventure and it was absolutely fantastic. Within one week of returning home she got the dream job (the other person had to turn it down because her husband got transferred to another town). They offered her more money and more opportunity that she had even hoped for.
I love that one because something like it happened to me. When I first came to Sedona, I had just started my 20th year of law practice and even though my practice had been quite lucrative, through a strange set of circumstances I suddenly found myself $50,000 in debt. At the time, the last thing I should have been spending money on was a spiritual retreat. But I came to Sedona and within 3 weeks of returning home, $50,000 dropped out of the sky. That allowed me to leave my law practice and three years later I started Sedona Soul Adventures.
Money is energy and when you shift your energy around, all the energy in your life starts shifting around. If you’re telling yourself you can’t afford to do a Sedona Soul Adventure, maybe the truth is that you can’t afford not to do a Soul Adventure!
4. You could meet your soul mate. A man came to us a few months ago to do a spiritual retreat, wanting to move on from his divorce. On the last day of his Soul Adventure he met a woman at Whole Foods and they struck up a conversation. They’ve now started a relationship and he’s convinced he’s found his soul mate.
A number of years ago a man and woman were here each doing a spiritual retreat with us. They didn’t know each other and would never have met except that as Fate would have it, I went into the coffee house one morning and I saw him and invited him to have a cappuccino with me. Then I saw her and invited her to join us and introduced them. When I left, they were talking about their respective Soul Adventures and the amazing transformations that had happened. That started their relationship and two months later they moved to Sedona and 1 year later they were married at a beautiful hilltop ceremony overlooking the Red Rocks.
Of course, I’m not promising that if you do a Sedona Soul Adventures retreat that you’re going to meet Stevie Wonder (or Sting) or that you’ll lose weight or have $50,000 drop out of the sky or meet your soul mate. But, WHAT IF? What if, in addition to fixing the problem you’re wanting to fix some other incredible things start happening in your life? As I said before, when one thing shifts, lots of other things start shifting as well.
So if you’d like to have some unusual things start happening in your life, let’s get started. Click here and one of our Angel Guides will call you. Or if you’d prefer, call us toll free at 1-877-204-3664 (US and Canada). For our friends outside the US and Canada call 01 928-204-5988 or click here and one of our Angel Guides will call you. They’ll connect with you (or both of you if it’s a couple) on a deep level and then they’ll custom design the perfect retreat that’s designed to take you from where you are to where you want to be. And who knows what could happen after that?
Wishing you a week filled with unusual (and wonderful) occurrences,
Debra Stangl / Founder
Sedona Soul Adventures – Transforming Lives One Soul At A Time
5 Reasons Why You Should Go on the Peru Trip (June 17-30, 2016)
1. You will have a mystical, magical experience. From doing ceremonies at Machu Picchu to experiencing Ollantaytambo, the Sacred Valley and Lake Titicaca, this is truly the trip of a lifetime.
2. You will experience one of the most important teachers on the planet today, Jorge Luis Delgado. Jorge will be with us as our shaman and guide throughout the trip. Just being in his presence is incredible and receiving his teachings is life changing.
3. You will make friendships that last a lifetime. This is one of my favorite things that people love about our trips. Everyone pretty much falls in love with each other within the first 48 hours. Don’t worry if you don’t have someone to travel with – you’ll have new friends immediately, taking in all these amazing experiences together.
4. We take care of everything. Getting around a foreign country, arranging transportation, deciding on where to stay and where to eat can be pretty daunting (and incredibly time consuming) when you’re on your own. We make all the arrangements — including three flights within Peru, all transportation, all accommodations, admission to all the sites and the food is terrific! Having all the details handled gives you the freedom to focus on your spiritual journey and creates the space for magical transformations to happen.
5. We have fun! Someone who booked the trip this week asked me, “Since this is a spiritual trip, does that mean we’re going to be serious all the time and only eat vegetarian food and no drinking?” The answer is an emphatic no! For me, spirituality is about being the best we can be and that includes having fun. If you want vegetarian meals, that’s fine and we can provide that, but we will be talking, laughing, eating, drinking and we want everyone to have as much fun as possible.
Click here to download our beautiful brochure which has all the information (including pricing) on this incredible journey or Click here to read all about it on our web site.
If you have any questions, send me an email at
Debra@SedonaSoulAdventures.com or better yet, give me a call. You can reach me directly on my cell phone – 928/301-2896.