One thing you can do to supercharge your success and happiness
This week I was doing a coaching session with one of my favorite clients, Stephanie.
I’ve been working with Stephanie for over 4 years. She did a Soul Adventure with me and then went to Peru with me and after that we started coaching together.
In the 4 years that I’ve been coaching with her:
- Her income has tripled
- Her business is running in a really smooth way (and no longer running her)
- She’s lost 20 pounds
- She’s gotten married to a wonderful man she’s crazy about (and who is crazy about her)
- She’s had stuff happen with her two kids that has been initially upsetting, but everything has always worked out in an incredible way
- The relationship with her ex husband (which was why she started coaching in the first place) has become a wonderful working relationship where they both really care and cooperate with each other
- She has really “gotten it” that she is creating her own reality and she’s still delighted when she sees it happen in amazing and surprising ways
This past week we were doing a coaching session and we were talking about her morning routine. She said to me, “Every morning I get up between 5:00 and 5:11 am”. I couldn’t help myself, and I laughed and said, “What, you mean on the days that it’s 5:11 that’s when you’re slacking off?”
We laughed about it but then we had a wonderful discussion about something she and I both know – one of the easiest things that anyone can do to be super successful in every area of their lives is to get up early (and she graciously agreed to let me talk about her in this newsletter – thanks, Steph!)
And it’s definitely not about getting up early so you can immediately jump on your e-mail and working like a maniac. It’s about giving yourself the space to start the day off in the ways that will bring you the most happiness and fulfillment.
For Stephanie (and me) that’s starting off with meditation. The minute I wake up, I go into my healing room because I love the energy in there and I can sit in a chair – if I stay in bed, I’ll go back to sleep. I do a specific meditation each day that involves how I want the day to go and my vision. It raises me to a higher vibration.
The thing that’s so wonderful about this is – everyone can do this. Whether you’re a CEO or a MOM, getting up early so you can do what makes you feel good will give you amazing benefits.
Don’t take my word for it, look at these other examples:
- According to Business Insider, research shows that people who get up earlier are “happier and more proactive”.
- The co-founder of Twitter, Jack Dorsey, gets up at 5:30 am to meditate and jog 6 miles.
- Richard Branson gets up every day at 5:00 so he can exercise and spend time time with his family. He even does it when he’s on vacation on his private island. He keeps his drapes open so that the sun wakes him up. (I have to admit, it’s harder for me to get up in the winter months when it’s still dark outside). He says he believes the endorphin rush from exercise helps him throughout the day.
- The CEO of Celestial Seasonings and Rice Dreams, Irwin Simon, gets up at 5 a.m. so he can pray, walk the dog and exercise before his kids wake up.
- Gerry Laybourne, the female founder of the Oxygen Channel network, gets up at 6 am and twice weekly goes for a walk in Central Park “with a young person seeking my advice”. She says it’s her way of helping to bring along the next generation. She said she knows “if someone is up early in the morning, then they are serious about life”.
- Benjamin Franklin got up at 5 every morning and started work at 8. In those three hours, he washed, dressed and had breakfast, but he also spent the time contemplating the Universe and what he was going to do during the day. In other words, he was meditating and setting intentions!
Franklin is the one who coined the famous phrase “Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise”. And of course, women too!
Another fantastic thing to do in the early morning is to journal. I have had many clients write 3 things they are grateful for in Gratitude Journals the minute they wake up and people who stick with that have amazing results.
I suggested to one of my other favorite coaching clients, Tracey, that she do the journaling that Julia Cameron recommends in “The Artist’s Way”. Each day journaling for 3 pages, bringing in anything and everything. The minute Tracey started doing this, she saw incredible results. She writes about what she wants to have happen that day, and how she feels about it and any other thoughts that come in. She says that now almost everything she writes about happens! It’s become this fun game to see how everything unfolds.
What are the things that would make you feel better if you got up early and did them every day? It’s different for everyone — meditating, exercising, reading, being quiet, having a wonderful breakfast?
Start off slowly. Get up 10 minutes early and do 5 minutes of deep breathing. Or get up 20 minutes early and do some sort of exercise.
What really happens here is empowerment. You starting to take back the power in your life. It can be extraordinary.
At Sedona Soul Adventures, we are all about empowerment. Empowering you in every area of your life. Empowering your relationship.
Stephanie saw huge shifts in every area of her life after she did her Sedona Soul Adventures retreat — her love life, her work, her money, her relationship with her kids, her friends, and especially herself. Wouldn’t you like to have some of that?
Real and lasting change is actually possible, but you have to take the first step. Contact us and speak to an Angel Guide. They’ll connect with you (or both of you if it’s a couple) in deep conversation to determine exactly where you are and where you want to be; then they’ll custom design the perfect retreat that will bring you the life or the relationship you’re craving.
Click here and one of our Angel Guides will call you. Or if you’d prefer, call us toll free at 1-877-204-3664 (US and Canada). For our friends outside the US and Canada call 01 928-204-5988 or click here and one of our Angel Guides will call you.
Wishing you a week full of rising and shining,
Debra Stangl / Founder
Sedona Soul Adventures – Transforming Lives One Soul At A Time
Tommy says his Soul Adventure “changed his life”
“My soul adventure truly changed my life. I gained so much knowledge about life and how I’m supposed to be living it. Sedona Soul Adventures is an amazing team of people who really care about each person who walks thru the door. They are very knowledgeable and loving.”
Tommy R., Columbia, South Carolina
Download your free copy of our “Sedona Guide to Spiritual Retreats” or “Sedona Guide to Couples Retreats”
Our free guide shows you how a private retreat in Sedona that is completely customized for you can transform your life or your relationship. Click here